This plugin display avatars of people who have recently followed your twitter account and tweeted your link. It would be useful when you have a new project launch and you need to encourage people to follow & tweet it by showing their Twitter avatars!
This widget is a mix of two of my favorite plugins: Twitter Friends & Followers Widget and Twitter Trackbacks Widget. It first queries Topsy API to get tweeters and compares them with followers returned from Twitter API.
- Show your latest Twitter followers who tweeted your link.
- It can work with friends instead of followers.
- You can control number of API calls made to Twitter & Topsy to be able to show more avatars.
- Instead of linking people avatars to their twitter page; You can link it to their home pages.
- It can easily fit in different layouts by adjusting the number of avatars and its dimension.
- Few transition options to apply to avatars like opacity, width, height.
- Use a typical jQuery call on document ready or the plugin will auto-load any div elements that have “follow-tweet” class.
- Widget adds a small “i” letter that links to the widget page. You can remove it by setting (info) option to empty string (”), but I’ll appreciate it if you attribute/link-back to me elsewhere on your website.